Saturday, October 16, 2010

One

I know this sounds like the typical boring post that everyone does:  "I can't believe my baby is one!", or "Where has the time gone?" or "______ is one!". Blah, blah, blah...

But oh my gosh, HADLEY IS GOING TO BE ONE!  What?  Since when have I became that mother? I am not sentimental. I like to live in the moment.  It rarely occurs to me that on the 23rd of each month that Hadley is 1, 2, 3, …. months old.  I don't care about getting fancy pictures done every month.  My scrapbook for her consists of absolutely nothing. Nor do I know when she is supposed to hit certain milestones.  I am not that mother.

But I am the mother asking where has my baby gone?  She is coming up on one and she IS a whole different child.  Am I going to miss those fancy pictures I didn't take?  No.  But I am going to miss the immobile helpless child she pretended to be.  And I am going to miss the clean face she always had.   And I'm really going to miss her wanting to be held.  And why does SHE want to hold her bottle all the time now?  Sometimes mom wants to help.

So Hadley is going to be one soon.  Sometime around Thanksgiving.  No fancy parties will be had and no clips of hair will be kept to remember her first haircut.  She's turning one and I'm kind of afraid of what the next year will bring.

5 comments:

diana said...

Those blue eyes look like they belong on a Baby Gap billboard. She is so cute!

And please tell me that the pregnancy picture of you at the beginning is when you were like 4 or 5 months pregnant. Tiny. Sheesh.

Erika + Sean said...

Happy Birthday!

(P.s. Could she be any cuter?!?)

Rachel said...

One! Hadley is so cute! I love to read your blog and see what she is up to. Isn't being a mom the craziest thing? Greyson is 8 months and I still can't believe I am a mom!

MediocreMama said...

I still remember when Lennon turned one it felt like we had made it...like we were done, it was over, he had grown up. I can't explain it but it was such a surreal thing.

Just wait until your "baby" is playing soccer, going to school, learning LETTERS AND THEIR SOUNDS, etc....it blows my mind how time keeps passing and my baby becomes less of a baby every year.

I could go on but my point: unfortunately all the cliches are true.

smargaret2003 said...

I can't believe Hadley is one! I want to tell you challenges are to come but in my opinion it only gets better and better. :)
Sending you lots of love
Sarah