Wednesday, August 4, 2010

We got a floater!

Not that kind. Gross!
Hadley can now float. As you can see she does not enjoy floating. However, I would recommend this program because 1.) the number one death for kids under the age of four is drowning (that's what they told me to get me in the door, so it must be true), 2.) as a parent I learned my child is not as helpless as she seems, and 3.) it's good for you to get your heart rate up sometime during the day, just don't mention that it was anxiety that brought it up.

I promise no more videos for a bit. I can blame this one on Hadley's grandparents in Utah because they've asked me about it for a week now. I don't think they can stand being away from their little girl. And I'm not talking about me.

8 comments:

KelliJamison said...

Wow...I figured you wouldn't put a video up where something bad happened, but I was more on the edge of my seat than watching Jurassic Park the first time.

She's a better swimmer than some of the old ladies at my pool...amazing!

Cody and Denise Valdez said...

WOW!! I don't know how you were able to sit through the lessons of teaching her that. It was making me sick watching, but it is definitely a great thing for her to learn.

Nick and Brittany said...

Oh my Gosh!! That is crazy! We are having a hard time finding something like that in Logan! I had anxiety watching that, but it's definitely something all of us moms need to do.

diana said...

No Way! I was literally watching with my jaw hanging open. That's incredible.

anb80 said...

She's a great little floater! I don't know how you were able to stand there and act normally. It made me nervous watching!

Lindsey and David said...

The first week was especially tough, but by the fourth week I was fine.

smargaret2003 said...

I am so proud of you and this is awesome! You're so right about the safety for Hadley! She does such a great job! YOU GO GIRL!

Emily said...

This is amazing! I can't believe how she just flops right on to her back and floats away! I could see how you would be anxious though!