Thursday, August 19, 2010

Allergic to me?

Neither David or I have allergies. So naturally I would think Hadley wouldn't have any either. Except David pretends to be allergic to snow when we go skiing. And I am allergic to David during football season. God, I hope Hadley is not a football fan and WE can win the television battle during the falls.

Anyways, Hadley has been getting red dots everywhere on her body. They are not bumpy, just red. She doesn't itch them, they are not exzema-like patches, nor does she have a fever. Just random red dots on her body. Frequently. Well as frequent as I am around her.

I told her 76-year-old caretaker that I thought it might be heat rash. She said she hadn't seen that in 30 years. And this woman is usually dead-on about children. So I crossed heat rash off the list. I googled everything you can about red dots on infants, and none of her symptoms (red dots when mother is around) matched any of the results.

This girl honestly breaks out in these red dots when I, yes me her MOTHER, am around.

Could she really be allergic to me? Do I really stress her out that much?

My mom is trying to convince me that it is because of my perfume. That'd be great and all if I wore perfume. But I don't. Then she tried to convince me that it was something in her car seat and that I should throw it in the wash. That'd be fine and all too if I left her in her car seat all day. But I do let her out every once in awhile. And still the red dots are there.

When another person, or Albert, is near her the red dots fade away. NO JOKE. I STRESS MY NINE-MONTH OLD BABY OUT.

But I tell you all what, if it's nothing medically wrong with her, this little girl better get use to mama. Otherwise, when she's a teenager she is going to be a mess because I am not changing a thing.

5 comments:

KelliJamison said...

I'm not sure it's possible for you to stress anyone out, you are about the most mellow mom I know. If Hadley wants to know how good she's got it with you, send her to NYC and she can spend a day with some "stay at home moms" that have 3 nannies. I get red dots just watching those people walk into Starbucks (with their $1000 strollers).

MediocreMama said...

Where do you sign up to be a stay at home mom with three nannies?

You're SURE it's nothing you're feeding her? My boys both broke out just like that with peanut butter...oh wait you're probably not feeding her that stuff yet...my money's on the dog but I'm always blaming animals so...

diana said...

You are so funny. I think it's heat rash. Cohen gets it all the time.

I wish our kids could hang out...

(you know, so we could hang out.)

Leah Miller said...

I'm with you Kelli...both times I've been to NY every mom has on of those fancy $1000 strollers. I always think that even if I had a spare $1000 floating around I wouldn't spend it on a stroller.

Maybe it's Hadley's lotion. ;-). I'm pretty sure THAT is the problem.

Nick and Brittany said...

Oh you are so funny!

This may sound weird, but try some Head and Shoulders Shampoo. Avery gets a rash every once in a while and this usually clears it up. Its a form of cradle crap (cap)that can flare up any time. This may or may not work for you, but just a thought. :)

PS: Just make sure to not get it in her eyes.