Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Baby Food

So, bottles have been easy. Formula, water, warm, feed, wash. Then repeat. And repeat again five times before bedtime. A very mindless routine.

Now that the midget is moving into the first stage of real food, I feel like I am entering pregnancy again. Your baby can eat this, but not eat that. Only certain foods in moderation. Be sure to get a lot of this vitamin but not too much of this other one. Oh, and watch out for processed and surgery foods.

My resolution has been her bottle when she wants it, and mashed up bananas and avocados with cereal a few times a day for a month now. She has loved it! Your baby will too!

Until… well she revolted today during our afternoon snack of bananas - a fit that made her wheeze. I thought she was hyperventilating and calling 911 crossed my mind. I've never seen her do THAT before.

After the two of us calmed down and a few hours later I pulled out the dreaded avocado mixture again and she began to fuss. I realized maybe she needed a break from the old routine.

So gave her bottle and I let her suck on my apple core.

Apple Core from Lindsey Fox on Vimeo.



7 comments:

KelliJamison said...

I can't view your video and I'd love to see your poor baby sucking on your leftovers:)

Lindsey and David said...

I think I had the privacy setting on… it should work now???

KelliJamison said...

Ok, that worked. So cute! I love watching her try to pick up the apple...that's a major challenge in itself!

Leigh and Craig said...

That is so cute. I make all of Izzy's food and she looooves it all! Try peas or sweet potatoes. Those were firsts for Izzy and she loved them. Still does!

MediocreMama said...

Get one of those nets with a handle on it (Tod calls them Banana Condoms) because you can shove any food in there, close it up and she sucks on it like a popsicle....we put peaches, apples, crackers, anything in there. And no choking. But yes...looks like a condom. Now you won't buy it, huh.

Erika + Sean said...

She is just too cute! Apple cores are a favorite in our house, too. :)

Leah Miller said...

I have the perfect item for you...I'll give it to you on Thursday.