Wednesday, September 9, 2009

"It's the subject that makes the picture, not the photographer," said David

Me: David, will you take my picture?

David: Why?

Me: Because I asked you to.

David: (rolling his eyes) Is it for the stupid blog?

Me: Who cares if it is.

David: (click, click) Could you just not smile and look forward? You don't take a very good picture. (click, click, motioning as if to be a professional photographer. click, click, flash, flash).

Me: (not smiling and looking forward) You're not a very good photographer.

David: It's the subject that makes the picture, not the photographer. (click, click)


Here is the bad subject taken by the great photographer
( approximately 7.5 months prego).




Me: (grabbing the camera from him) So if you're the subject and I am the photographer, will it be a good picture?

David: (nods yes, with his smart a** smirk on his face).

Here is the great subject eating his frosty with dirty feet on the coffee table that a terrible photographer took.


Okay, so neither of us take a good picture, whether we are the subject or the photographer.

I can feel that life is beginning to pick up in our house. The school year has begun for me again. I am over halfway through the first quarter with my 14 first graders. Yes, only 14... it's great! Our "no worries" newly married days are coming to a quick end. The baby is constantly on both of our minds. "Do we need this? Do we need that? Oh, we forgot..." Unconsciously I have found I am trying to get every type of appointment in before the baby comes (dentist, hair, veterinarian, locksmith, alarm guy, insurance, pedicure, pediatrician, OBGYN...every other week now, baby classes, epidural class, breast feeding class).

David has settled in nicely with the football season; however, work has been uncharacteristically busy for him this time of year. Several meetings and some tournaments are taking up his time. Not only that, but he cleans a lot too. Is there such a thing as "nesting" for the dad?

I am certain Albert knows there is a baby in my belly. And he is just as ready for it as we are. He is still the happy go lucky dog he has always been, but he has developed some behaviors we have never seen before. A lot of "happy" whining (if there is such a thing). When other people or dogs are around, he whines and his tail is going 100 mph. Previously, he would just jump on them and want to play. And he is obsessed with licking himself. HE LICKS ALL OVER HIS BODY ALL THE TIME. The vet said he has probably developed some allergy over the past year. Lovely.

Only 11 more weeks until little (blank) arrives! Anyone have a name for us?

7 comments:

MediocreMama said...

I'm glad it's not just Tod who was uncooperative with pregnancy pictures. You WANT documentation of your changing body; maybe they just don't get that.

I'm so excited for you guys. Sometime I'll send you a lengthy email with the things you SHOULD buy and NOT worry about buying. You don't need half as much as you think you need.

About names, I'll tell you my dream name for a girl -- Stella. I would use it myself but a few friends have now used it so you know...can't cross that line. I love it. You know what would sound really nice is Stella Holly Fox. Hmmmm.

kelgrandy said...

Lindsey- you look great! I'm so happy for you guys that things are going well with your pregnancy and soon your little girl will be here. Tell your parents hi.

-Leah's sister

Mom Fox said...

You look great and your blog is NOT stupid! You're a good writer; keep it up! David has always been uncooperative when it was time to take pictures--but we managed to get some really cute ones anyway!

KelliJamison said...

Hey Foxy mama...you look so cute prego!

I agree with Holly on Stella (well maybe Stella Kelli Fox). I also really like Campbell for a girl, probably because I don't really know any. And, Quinn has always been a fun name, but I know it's your nickname, so you may not want to give it up:)

Erika + Sean said...

OMG - you're hardly showing! I'm so jealous. (I was knocking things over by 7 months.) And I'm totally with you on all the appointments and classes pre-baby - I was the same way (and it was a good idea). Best of luck these last few weeks!

Unknown said...

i love this blog, lindsey! i can see the creative writer and the reporter in you. so much fun to read. you look adorable with your baby belly and david has that smile i remember. thanks for the running dialogue of your picture taking experience with david. makes me smile to read it. i'm going to go with kelli and mention campbell and quinn as favorite girls' names. know one of each and have always loved their names. adios and congratulations! we can't wait to see you in a couple of weeks.

Nick and Brittany said...

You look amazing!!! I always positioned the camera on my counter top and took the prego pic's myself. :)