Monday, January 9, 2012

Christmas Photo Dump

If you think I am bad about keeping the blog up-to-date, you should see my photo taking that I rarely do!  Most of these photos are from our phones.  Not because we don't have a decent camera, but because I'm too lazy to get it out.  

This Christmas was probably our best Christmas yet.  And I'm sure it's only going to get better now that Hadley is getting older. 
 She did not like Santa this year.  But for us, it was a good laugh.

 We went to Arizona for Christmas to join sixteen of our family members.  We had such a great time this year.  It began with this guy (Uncle John) reading The Night Before Christmas on Christmas Eve.  All  of us had a word from the book and when our word was read we got to choose from the pile of Yankee Swap gifts (equivalent to a white elephant gift).  And no, we are not the cheesy family this is made out to be. But as I am writing this, it sounds totally cheesy.
 Hadley loved listening to the story and watching everyone fight for certain gifts.
 Mom and Aunt Sue having a good time during the Yankee Swap.

 The hot item for Hadley was this empty box with daises on it, and the Pooh sunglasses.

 I'm not sure about these shoes, but Kristy was way too happy to end up with them. 
Santa had no problem finding Hadley Christmas morning. 
Uncle Jim was way too happy about having a little one around again.  I think it's time for another one in the Denn family (who cares that the oldest Denn is in college.).

 I don't think Hadley even knew what was going on….

Elmo,
 Rockstar Elmo, Elmo bus, ElmoElmoElmo. Dolls, dolls, dolls.  
Because by the end, all she wanted were some animal crackers from her stocking. 

 And the best part of Christmas for everyone was my sweet grandmother.  She is feeling great and looking wonderful too. 

 Kristy and I finally got to catch-up after what felt like years of absence. 
 Megan, Kristy, Carly, Abby, and I showing off our new vests and slippers. We lived in these the entire week. No joke. 
John, Kristy, and Abby after playing one of our many games of celebrity. 
My Mom and Dad not amused by our many games. 
 Hadley loved pushing my Grandma's walker around.  She also liked to sit on the walker.  Here she is spin painting with Carly and Abbey. 
 Forget potty training, these Santa diapers were way too cute.  We tried potty training, and I think it was way too early (or we just suck at it).  Maybe next Summer. 

 Hadley's version of the Sorry! game.  Within five minutes the floor was covered with all the pieces. 

 I didn't realize this at the time, but she had a really full diaper here. 
 She loved being outside so much that she tried to fall asleep outside.


She loved the pool, and the girls swimming with her.



Hadley was spoiled rotten this Christmas, and let's just say it has been very hard to get her back to normal.  But it was worth every minute.

Happy New Year!


No comments: