Sunday, September 21, 2008

Update

Oh, blogging. I don't know that it is my thing. Keeping it updated, obviously, is not the easiest think for me to do.

I will jump right in. David and I lost the baby at 20 weeks. We went in for an ultrasound at 18 weeks and found out the baby was having some problems. The doctor couldn't tell us much, and we had to go to a Level 2 doctor. After seeing that doctor we were told the baby has an extremely rare non-genetic disease and has no chance of living. She, yes it was a girl, had a Cystic Hygroma with Hydrops. It's basically a lot of fluid all throughout the body and it was invading all the organs of the baby. She shouldn't have lived past 8 weeks. The baby was under a lot of stress so the doctor decided to induce me on September 9. It took me 12 hours to deliver. It was yucky, painful, and probably the saddest thing David and I will ever go through.

We had some testing done with the baby to find out exactly the causes and if we will have problems like this in future pregnancies. We should get those results sometime this week.

Babies are such miracles! We can't wait to be pregnant again!

6 comments:

Emily said...

I am so sorry Lindsey! My thoughts and prayers are with you and your husband.

smargaret2003 said...

Lins,
I just read your blog and am in tears for you and David. I am so sorry and I want you to know that I am praying for you guys. Know that I am here for you if you ever need to talk to just cry. Babies are mircles and they shouldn't be taken away so soon. I love you and am sending you hugs and lots of prayers!

MediocreMama said...

Lindsey, I'm sorry you are going through this. I don't know what else to say except that you and David have a lot to look forward to when your next child is born. He/she will fill your lives with a lot of joy and meaning. Until then, I'm glad you have hope and I'm glad you're okay...I am thinking about you guys.

Maren said...

Lindsey it’s been a long time sense we have seen each other but I fell upon your blog and couldn’t help but leave a comment. I'm so sorry about your loss. I had 2 miscarriages before we had our little girl (our second child). I really admire your optimistic attitude. That will help you immensely. With time things will get easier. Best of luck!
Maren Johnsen McLaws

Lisa said...

Lindsey, I am so sorry for your pain and loss. You will forever have a little angel looking over you from above. You and your husband are in my prayers!

Marcy said...

Lindsey-
Hi sweetie-it is marcy skelton. I just happened onto your blog and read this touching post!! I understand your pain, having just lost a baby of my own. love you hun and will say an extra prayer for you today!!
marcy skelton gubler
PS-i would love to keep in contact with you. my blog is private, but if you want to check it out, send me your email ok-
dmgubler@cox.net